John Battle beat Fort Chiswell Friday night in the state quarterfinals, by turning a botched extra-point try into a winning 2-point conversion.
The Trojans fell behind 7-0 at halftime, but then rallied and used a late touchdown to get within one, 14-13 with a minute to play.
On the game-tying extra point attempt, the snap went through the hands of holder Brent Tipton. Kicker Adam Jones picked it up and tossed it to Robert Luchini who ran it in for the 2-point conversion.
The improvised play gave John Battle a 15-14 win.
The Trojans improve to 12-1, advancing to next week's state semifinals.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81