HONAKER, Va. - The Honaker Tigers posted a 17-0 shutout Saturday against John I. Burton in the state quarterfinals.
The Tigers used a field goal and a Cody Lester touchdown run in the first half to jump out to a 10-0 halftime lead.
In the second half, they added another score to put it out of reach.
Honaker improves to 12-1 and advances to next week's state semifinals. They will host Sussex Central.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport