HONAKER, Va. - The Honaker Tigers posted a 17-0 shutout Saturday against John I. Burton in the state quarterfinals.
The Tigers used a field goal and a Cody Lester touchdown run in the first half to jump out to a 10-0 halftime lead.
In the second half, they added another score to put it out of reach.
Honaker improves to 12-1 and advances to next week's state semifinals. They will host Sussex Central.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital