KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - The University of Tennessee is on the search for a new football coach and one newspaper is reporting Friday morning, they offered the job to Jon Gruden.
According to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, the decision is in the hands of the man most Volunteer fans seem to want.
He's the coach that formerly led the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a Super Bowl championship. And, once source tells the newspaper that Gruden could be hired as soon as this weekend.
The Free Press says there are financial hang-ups in regards to assistant coaches' salaries. But, if demands are met, the Vol Nation could see the current Monday night football analyst wearing orange.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane