Greeneville, Tenn. - Greeneville advanced to the 4A state quarterfinals on Friday night beating Elizabethton 49-20. The Greene Devils improved to 12-0 on the season.
Greeneville scored on both of their first quarter possessions to take a 14-0 lead into the second quarter.
Nic Wright would score two second quarter touchdowns for the Greene Devils to push the lead out to 28-0.
Greeneville led 35-7 at halftime.
It was more of the same in the second half for the Greene Devils. Quarterback Zack Finchum hit Hays Culbreth for a 37-yard touchdown to push the Greeneville lead to 42-7.
Greeneville went on to win 49-20. They will play at Fulton in the state quarterfinals. Fulton beat Sullivan South 41-19 on Friday night.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman