Gate City defeated William Monroe Thursday in the Group A Division 2 state semifinals 73-61 to advance to Saturday's state championship game.
Andy Arnold scored the first two Gate City points of the game with a thunderous dunk and the Blue Devils went on to build a 12-point halftime lead.
The lead held in the second half and now Gate City will get to play for the ultimate prize in high school basketball, a state title.
The Blue Devils will face Radford Saturday at 5 p.m. at the Siegel Center in Richmond.
- New Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin