JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU plans to bring in its first football recruiting class in February. Director of Athletics Dr. Richard Sander says he hopes to bring in about 15-20 players.
Former University of Tennessee coach and College Football Hall of Famer Phil Fulmer - who has served as a consultant through the school's process of restarting the program - can also serve as a recruiter.
"We can basically designate ten people who can recruit," Sander told News 5 WCYB.
"Seven can be on the road at any one time. So I think if we designate Coach Fulmer as one of our recruiters, then he can recruit."
On Thursday ETSU officials hosted Bruce Stewart, the Senior Associate Athletic Director at Old Dominion University.
ETSU is following a similar pattern Old Dominion used to build a football program.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson