JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - New ETSU football coach Carl Torbush spent time with local fans Thursday evening at Beef O' Brady's restaurant in Johnson City.
Torbush was hired last week to help kick-start the Buccaneers program which will begin playing in 2015.
Also Thursday, Torbush spent time in his football office for the first time. One of his first tasks is to start assembling a coaching staff.
Hall of fame coach Phil Fulmer helped ETSU hire Torbush. Will Fulmer have a role on his staff to help with recruiting?
"There are a lot of things out there," Torbush told News 5 WCYB.
"We want to make sure we're legal by NCAA rules. There is no question if we can get Phil Fulmer where he is a part of our football staff we would love to have him. He would be a great recruiter obviously with his name recognition. If you get a call from Phillip Fulmer it means more than getting a call from Carl Torbush."
Torbush said it could be a year and a half before a full staff is assembled.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court