KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Chad Finchum is a racing phenom on the fast track.
The 19-year-old Knoxville native has been dominating the late model division at Lonesome Pine Raceway. Through six races this season, he has five wins.
For Finchum, racing is a family affair. After his first win, they were all hooked.
"We won my first ever time out and that kind of set the pace," Finchum told News 5 WCYB.
"That hooked all of us. I actually slept with my trophy that night I was so happy. Dad thought we'd won the Daytona 500."
Finchum has big plans.
The reigning Tennessee State NASCAR Whelen All-American Series champion hopes to one day compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
"My dream is to make it to the elite series. If I can't make it I'll always be in late models or legend cars. I just love it too much to ever get out of it fully."
On May 16 Finchum won the Friday night race at Kingsport Speedway and then won the next night at Lonesome Pine. He'll attempt the double again this weekend.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Updated Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death