BRISTOL, Tenn. - Sophomore Morgan Marshall is compiling some impressive pitching stats at Volunteer High School.
Marshall threw a no-hitter in the season-opener against defending league champion Daniel Boone.
Then she followed up that performance by striking out the first 18 batters she faced against Science Hill, finishing with a one-hit win.
"In that game I was just in the zone," Marshall told News 5 WCYB.
"I didn't want to get out of it. I was hitting my spots and wearing out the inside corner I guess."
Even with two and a half years remaining at Volunteer, Marshall is already committed to playing for Belmont University.
"I saw her the first time she threw," Volunteer head coach Jackie Strickler told News 5 WCYB.
"Her biggest asset is her work habits. She has worked to gain this."
Tuesday night Marshall struck out 15 in a 4-0 victory over Tennessee High.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University