BRISTOL, Tenn. - Sophomore Morgan Marshall is compiling some impressive pitching stats at Volunteer High School.
Marshall threw a no-hitter in the season-opener against defending league champion Daniel Boone.
Then she followed up that performance by striking out the first 18 batters she faced against Science Hill, finishing with a one-hit win.
"In that game I was just in the zone," Marshall told News 5 WCYB.
"I didn't want to get out of it. I was hitting my spots and wearing out the inside corner I guess."
Even with two and a half years remaining at Volunteer, Marshall is already committed to playing for Belmont University.
"I saw her the first time she threw," Volunteer head coach Jackie Strickler told News 5 WCYB.
"Her biggest asset is her work habits. She has worked to gain this."
Tuesday night Marshall struck out 15 in a 4-0 victory over Tennessee High.
- New Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- Updated School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing