NBC announced Wednesday that country singer Carrie Underwood will replace Faith Hill in performing the opening song for this year's Sunday Night Football broadcasts.
Underwood, the season four winner on American Idol, will sing "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night" at the beginning of each Sunday night game.
Her first appearance will be September 8 on the first SNF broadcast of the 2013 NFL season. That game features the long-time rival Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants. You can watch that game on News 5 WCYB.
Last year NBC's Sunday Night Football broadcasts were the highest-rated primetime programs in America.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day