NBC announced Wednesday that country singer Carrie Underwood will replace Faith Hill in performing the opening song for this year's Sunday Night Football broadcasts.
Underwood, the season four winner on American Idol, will sing "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night" at the beginning of each Sunday night game.
Her first appearance will be September 8 on the first SNF broadcast of the 2013 NFL season. That game features the long-time rival Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants. You can watch that game on News 5 WCYB.
Last year NBC's Sunday Night Football broadcasts were the highest-rated primetime programs in America.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record