NBC announced Wednesday that country singer Carrie Underwood will replace Faith Hill in performing the opening song for this year's Sunday Night Football broadcasts.
Underwood, the season four winner on American Idol, will sing "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night" at the beginning of each Sunday night game.
Her first appearance will be September 8 on the first SNF broadcast of the 2013 NFL season. That game features the long-time rival Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants. You can watch that game on News 5 WCYB.
Last year NBC's Sunday Night Football broadcasts were the highest-rated primetime programs in America.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend