JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU introduced its new women's basketball coach on campus Wednesday.
Brittney Ezell is inheriting a team that went 8-18 overall and 6-12 in Atlantic Sun play last season.
A former two-sport star in softball and basketball at the University of Alabama, Ezell has spent the last three seasons as the head women's basketball coach at Belmont University in Nashville.
"We are extremely pleased to welcome Coach Ezell to ETSU, and we are excited about the leadership and passion she will bring to our program," said ETSU interim Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Richard Sander.
"I am confident Coach Ezell can make our program a consistent winner and get us back to the NCAA Tournament."
Ezell said she was honored by the opportunity to coach the Lady Bucs.
"It is such an exciting time to be an East Tennessee State Buccaneer and it is truly an honor to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Richard Sander and Dr. Brian Noland," Ezell said.
"I am eager to get to work and to help restore the women's basketball program to a championship level."
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University