JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU lost in the second round of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament Friday, falling at home against Towson University 83-77.
The Bucs got off to a hot start against the Tigers but fell behind by as many as 15 in the second half and could only cut the lead to six late in the game.
With the win, Towson improves to 25-10 on the year and advances to the CIT quarterfinals, while ETSU finishes the season at 19-16 overall. The Buccaneers wrapped up a year which saw them improve drastically after posting a 10-21 record in 2012-13.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport