ETSU senior pitcher Kerry Doane was selected by the Cleveland Indians in the 24th round of the Major League Baseball draft Saturday.
Doane was the 711th overall pick.
The right-hander went 13-2 with a 2.14 ERA in his senior season. He was named Louisville Slugger First Team All-American, a semifinalist for the Golden Spikes Award, Atlantic Sun Pitcher of the Year and Most Valuable Player at the A-Sun Tournament.
He led the nation with 12 complete games and 147 innings pitched. He also tied ETSU's single-season record for victories and shutouts.
He helped the Bucs to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1981.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave