ETSU senior pitcher Kerry Doane was selected by the Cleveland Indians in the 24th round of the Major League Baseball draft Saturday.
Doane was the 711th overall pick.
The right-hander went 13-2 with a 2.14 ERA in his senior season. He was named Louisville Slugger First Team All-American, a semifinalist for the Golden Spikes Award, Atlantic Sun Pitcher of the Year and Most Valuable Player at the A-Sun Tournament.
He led the nation with 12 complete games and 147 innings pitched. He also tied ETSU's single-season record for victories and shutouts.
He helped the Bucs to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1981.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend