ETSU senior pitcher Kerry Doane was selected by the Cleveland Indians in the 24th round of the Major League Baseball draft Saturday.
Doane was the 711th overall pick.
The right-hander went 13-2 with a 2.14 ERA in his senior season. He was named Louisville Slugger First Team All-American, a semifinalist for the Golden Spikes Award, Atlantic Sun Pitcher of the Year and Most Valuable Player at the A-Sun Tournament.
He led the nation with 12 complete games and 147 innings pitched. He also tied ETSU's single-season record for victories and shutouts.
He helped the Bucs to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1981.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial