SPARTANBURG, S.C. - Ricardo Glenn scored 24 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and South Carolina-Upstate beat East Tennessee State, 79-73 Friday night to claim the No. 3 seed into the Atlantic Sun tournament in the regular season finale for both schools.
USC-Upstate (18-13, 11-7) will host a tournament quarterfinal contest March 4.
Rashawn Rembert converted a pair of free throws and drained a 3-pointer in the final minute to pull the Buccaneers within two, 75-73 with 43 seconds left, but ETSU could not score again and USC-Upstate padded its lead from the free throw line.
Jodd Maxey added 19 points while the Spartans shot a crisp 51.9 percent from the field (28 of 54).
Because of Friday's loss, ETSU (17-14, 10-8) must await the results of Saturday's remaining conference games to learn its seed for the tournament.
If they can secure the number four seed they will host a conference quarterfinal game Tuesday. If they fall to the number five seed they will play on the road.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81