Tevin Glass and T.J. Cromer each scored 16 points, Hanner Mosquera-Perea hit the go-ahead bucket, and ETSU rallied from a late deficit to beat Samford 79-77 on Wednesday night.
The win helps the Buccaneers (21-6, 11-3) keep pace in the Southern Conference standings with Furman, which also won on Wednesday. ETSU is currently 1.5 games behind the Paladins, with a Feb. 22 matchup looming.
Trailing by one with under 30 seconds to go, Eric Adams scored the go-ahead layup for Samford (15-12, 6-8) which gave the Bulldogs a 77-76 lead. After Cromer missed for ETSU, Mosquera-Perea corralled the offensive rebound and laid the ball in for a 78-77 Buccaneer lead with 10 seconds to go.
Josh Sharkey turned it over on the ensuing possession; and a Desonta Bradford free throw for ETSU gave the game its final score.
Demitrius Denzel-Dyson scored 21 points for Samford.
- Updated Man missing from Greene County
- Travelers at Tri-Cities airport experiencing issues after Atlanta power outage
- "Toys from Cops" event helps kids in need in Sullivan County
- Johnson City man arrested in connection to string of auto burglaries
- Suspect arrested after leading Washington County, VA deputies on a high speed chase