JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP) - Jalan McCloud scored a career-high 25 points with nine rebounds and six assists and ETSU used a big second-half run to beat Fort Wayne 83-73 on Saturday in the Adolph Rupp Classic.
Desonta Bradford scored 16, including a go-ahead layup that sparked a 16-2 run for a 14-point lead.
Kason Harrell hit back-to-back 3s and Fort Wayne closed to 75-70 with 1:49 to play, but Peter Jurkin and Bradford combined for eight free throws down the stretch to seal it. Bradford made 10 of 12 free throws and the Buccaneers shot 28 of 33 from the foul line.
McCloud made a go-ahead layup to spark a 13-3 first-half run and ETSU led 52-47 at halftime behind his 19 points.
ETSU outscored the Mastodons 44-26 in the paint and made 12 of 37 3-pointers in the first meeting of the teams.
Scott scored 24 points and John Konchar added 18 to reach 1,000 career points for Fort Wayne (3-3). Harrell hit five 3-pointers for 15 points.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder