JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU senior Jackie Baird never bothered to look up the single-season and career home run marks in her school's record books. Now she owns both.
She currently has 13 home runs this season, and 26 for her career. Both totals are new school records.
"Probably a week or so into the season it was pretty apparent that she was in the zone," ETSU head coach Brad Irwin told News 5 WCYB.
The Ooltewah, Tenn. native credits a different approach to hitting this season that allowed her to continue a record-setting slugging pace.
"I just stay relaxed," Baird told News 5 WCYB.
"I can't press, so I just let it fly."
The Lady Bucs host North Florida this weekend.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man