JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU senior Jackie Baird never bothered to look up the single-season and career home run marks in her school's record books. Now she owns both.
She currently has 13 home runs this season, and 26 for her career. Both totals are new school records.
"Probably a week or so into the season it was pretty apparent that she was in the zone," ETSU head coach Brad Irwin told News 5 WCYB.
The Ooltewah, Tenn. native credits a different approach to hitting this season that allowed her to continue a record-setting slugging pace.
"I just stay relaxed," Baird told News 5 WCYB.
"I can't press, so I just let it fly."
The Lady Bucs host North Florida this weekend.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project