JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU senior Jackie Baird never bothered to look up the single-season and career home run marks in her school's record books. Now she owns both.
She currently has 13 home runs this season, and 26 for her career. Both totals are new school records.
"Probably a week or so into the season it was pretty apparent that she was in the zone," ETSU head coach Brad Irwin told News 5 WCYB.
The Ooltewah, Tenn. native credits a different approach to hitting this season that allowed her to continue a record-setting slugging pace.
"I just stay relaxed," Baird told News 5 WCYB.
"I can't press, so I just let it fly."
The Lady Bucs host North Florida this weekend.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school