The East Tennessee State men's basketball team arrived in Fort Myers, Fla. Wednesday afternoon. They face top-seeded Florida Gulf Coast Thursday evening in the conference semifinals.
This will be the third meeting of the season between these two Atlantic Sun Conference rivals.
ETSU lost in Fort Myers in January by 28 points. They rebounded and upset the Eagles in Johnson City last month.
"They jumped on us early," Florida Gulf Coast head coach Joe Dooley said.
"They really hurt us in transition and got out and made a bunch of shots. They make about nine threes in conference play, that is something we have to be aware of."
The Eagles figure to be the favorites, playing at home and with ETSU coming off of a dramatic double-overtime win in the quarterfinals. But ETSU will have momentum on its side.
"We were able to beat them when they came back to our place," ETSU guard Jalen Riley told News 5 WCYB.
"I feel like we can beat anybody in this conference on any given night."
Tip-off is 6:30 Thursday in Fort Myers, Fla.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million