JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - ETSU introduced its first football class Wednesday evening. It features 47 players, with 34 of them hailing from Tennessee.
Head Coach Carl Torbush concentrated heavily on the Tri-Cities region. Ten players are coming from local schools.
Torbush said in a university release that "it's been impressive to secure this many commitments with a start-up program."
This incoming recruiting class will have a full year to practice before East Tennessee State plays its first game against Kennesaw State on Sept. 3, 2015.
The list of players from the Tri-Cities who have signed with ETSU includes:
Colt Jenkins (David Crockett)
Zach Casey (Dobyns-Bennett)
D.J. Jones (Dobyns-Bennett)
Trey Trammell (Dobyns-Bennett)
Austin Hayworth (Dobyns-Bennett)
Seth Barger (Dobyns-Bennett)
Adam Mullins (Elizabethton)
Chance Pierce (Science Hill)
Gad Nagba (Science Hill)
Adam Mitchell (Tennessee High)
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project