JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - In its search for a football coach, the ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has started interviewing potential candidates.
Interim Athletic Director Dr. Richard Sander confirmed with News 5 WCYB Sunday evening, that there will be up to nine interviews over the next several weeks.
"Right now we are in the process of interviewing football coaches," Sander said.
"We have eight or nine that we will have vetting interviews with. We will narrow that down to a couple, bring them to campus and then make the ultimate decision. Hopefully by June 1 we will have that decision made and have someone that will lead ETSU's football program."
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone