JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics honored six Buccaneer greats Sunday evening at the Millennium Center in Johnson City.
The 2013 inductees into the ETSU Athletics Hall of Fame included standouts such as basketball All-American Keith "Mister" Jennings, football standout and current Atlanta Falcons' head coach Mike Smith, former men's basketball head coach Ed DeChellis, 1992 Southern Conference player of the year in women's tennis Kim Toohey (Reid), distance running standout and four-time Southern Conference cross country champion Seamus Power, and longtime ETSU public address announcer Norm Davis.
"This was a great opportunity to celebrate ETSU athletics, while also recognizing these special Buccaneers that have enjoyed so much success both during their time on campus and in their professional lives after college," said ETSU Interim Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Richard Sander.
"These six inductees strove for excellence and they stand as examples to our current student-athletes."
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day