MARYVILLE, Tenn. - East Tennessee State football signee Shawn Prevo has been arrested on a charge of aggravated domestic assault.
Prevo, who is 18, has a scheduled court appearance Thursday. Maryville police say Prevo went into his 19-year-old brother's room Friday and asked for a cigarette.
According to police, when Prevo was told to leave, he grabbed his brother by the throat, slammed him on the bed and struck him in the chest and stomach with a closed fist.
ETSU head coach Carl Torbush released this statement to News 5 WCYB:
"We are aware of the situation with Shawn Prevo, and at this time we are waiting on the judicial process to take its course as we further evaluate the situation. We won't have any further comment until those are completed."
Prevo, a running back, signed with ETSU in February as part of its first recruiting class since relaunching a program it dropped in 2003. ETSU begins playing again in 2015.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets