ABINGDON, Va. - ETSU's Game Time Tour made a stop in Abingdon Monday evening.
The seventh stop on their regional tour was the first and only stop in Southwest Virginia.
Head football coach Carl Torbush, basketball coaches Murry Bartow and Brittney Ezell and Director of Athletics Dr. Richard Sander met with fans at the Martha Washington Inn.
Torbush told News 5 WCYB he wants to have a strong presence in Southwest Virginia.
"When I say Northeast Tennessee, I'm thinking Southwest Virginia and Western North Carolina as well," Torbush said.
"There is no doubt this is a very important area for our football success and recruiting. We have a tremendous amount of students at ETSU from this area. This is an area we need to recruit and if there are players that can help us win a Southern Conference championship we need to make sure we give ourselves an opportunity to recruit them."
There are three more Game Time Tour events scheduled. The coaches will be at the Johnson City Country Club Thursday May 15.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day