BRISTOL, Va. - Local NASCAR driver Eric McClure has confirmed with News 5 WCYB that he is home from the hospital and recovering from a kidney ailment. He will not race in Friday's Food City 250.
In a text message Tuesday night McClure said he has dealt with some "scary moments" but he is improving.
After undergoing a series of tests doctors determined that his kidney's weren't functioning properly.
NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Jeff Green will replace him in the #14 Hefty's/Reynold's Toyota in the Food City 250.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane