BRISTOL, Va. - Local NASCAR driver Eric McClure has confirmed with News 5 WCYB that he is home from the hospital and recovering from a kidney ailment. He will not race in Friday's Food City 250.
In a text message Tuesday night McClure said he has dealt with some "scary moments" but he is improving.
After undergoing a series of tests doctors determined that his kidney's weren't functioning properly.
NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Jeff Green will replace him in the #14 Hefty's/Reynold's Toyota in the Food City 250.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial