BRISTOL, Va. - Local NASCAR driver Eric McClure has confirmed with News 5 WCYB that he is home from the hospital and recovering from a kidney ailment. He will not race in Friday's Food City 250.
In a text message Tuesday night McClure said he has dealt with some "scary moments" but he is improving.
After undergoing a series of tests doctors determined that his kidney's weren't functioning properly.
NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Jeff Green will replace him in the #14 Hefty's/Reynold's Toyota in the Food City 250.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81