EMORY, Va. - After Rose Katz left Emory & Henry College last week, school officials opened up their women's basketball record books to find her replacement.
Anne Wright Crutchfield was introduced Monday as the Lady Wasps new head coach.
Crutchfield is a 1989 E&H grad. When she left the program, her 1,262 career points were the most all-time. Twenty-five years later her mark has fallen to third.
The next time she suits up it'll be as head coach.
"When this opportunity came about, it was truly a dream come true," Crutchfield told News 5 WCYB.
This will be her first college head coaching job after a successful run as a high school coach at Franklin County near Roanoke, Va.
She faces a rebuilding project after the team won just 15 games the last three seasons.
"Enthusiasm and connections with the community I think are going to be vitally important. Emory & Henry is about service and leadership and I look at it as an opportunity to come back here and serve the college."
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools