The new ETSU football program officially kicks off in 2015 and Emory & Henry is looking forward to being on the Bucs' inaugural schedule.
News 5 WCYB spoke with officials from both schools Tuesday evening.
NCAA Division III Emory & Henry, led by first-year head coach Curt Newsome, has long anticipated a match-up against the brand new ETSU program.
The Bucs open the season on Sept. 3, 2015 at home against Kennesaw State.
ETSU officials offered no comment on an individual game Tuesday until the entire 2015 schedule is released, which is anticipated this fall.
The Bristol Herald Courier first reported the meeting between the schools Tuesday.
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker