The new ETSU football program officially kicks off in 2015 and Emory & Henry is looking forward to being on the Bucs' inaugural schedule.
News 5 WCYB spoke with officials from both schools Tuesday evening.
NCAA Division III Emory & Henry, led by first-year head coach Curt Newsome, has long anticipated a match-up against the brand new ETSU program.
The Bucs open the season on Sept. 3, 2015 at home against Kennesaw State.
ETSU officials offered no comment on an individual game Tuesday until the entire 2015 schedule is released, which is anticipated this fall.
The Bristol Herald Courier first reported the meeting between the schools Tuesday.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman