KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Wednesday night was a first for Emory & Henry athletics. The school held its first-ever coaches caravan event, meeting with fans and alumni at the Kingsport Chamber Of Commerce.
Just a few weeks away from his first fall practice with the Wasps, football coach Curt Newsome talked all things E&H football.
News 5 WCYB learned earlier this month that Emory & Henry will play ETSU in 2015 in Johnson City, but according to Newsome they are already competing against the Bucs on the recruiting trail.
"We have to be a football team that's built like this area," Newsome told News 5 WCYB.
"This area is built on toughness and we have to get guys from here first, and then go on and look. Has East Tennessee State set us back a little bit? Yes, it's going to be a little bit harder but they can't take all of them."
Emory & Henry opens the season at Ferrum Sept. 6.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer
- Updated UPDATE: Elizabethon police identify suspect in credit card theft case