KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Wednesday night was a first for Emory & Henry athletics. The school held its first-ever coaches caravan event, meeting with fans and alumni at the Kingsport Chamber Of Commerce.
Just a few weeks away from his first fall practice with the Wasps, football coach Curt Newsome talked all things E&H football.
News 5 WCYB learned earlier this month that Emory & Henry will play ETSU in 2015 in Johnson City, but according to Newsome they are already competing against the Bucs on the recruiting trail.
"We have to be a football team that's built like this area," Newsome told News 5 WCYB.
"This area is built on toughness and we have to get guys from here first, and then go on and look. Has East Tennessee State set us back a little bit? Yes, it's going to be a little bit harder but they can't take all of them."
Emory & Henry opens the season at Ferrum Sept. 6.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections