JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP) - East Tennessee State has hired longtime Stony Brook assistant Joe Pennucci as its baseball coach.
Pennucci replaces Tony Skole, who left ETSU after 18 seasons to take over The Citadel's program.
Pennucci spent 12 years at Stony Brook and was associate head coach the last six seasons. He also was Stony Brook's recruiting coordinator.
Stony Brook reached the NCAA Tournament four times while Pennucci was on staff, including a College World Series appearance in 2012.
ETSU athletic director Richard Sander said in a statement that "when I talked to head coaches and those who understand mid-major college baseball, they said Joe Pennucci is a star and is going to do great things."
- New Additional security checks in place for ETSU graduation this weekend
- New Christmas Grinch?: Rogersville woman charged after stealing package
- Tennessee firearms group wants self-defense statute reviewed after hookah bar shooting
- Sexual allegations force chef Mario Batali to step away from restaurant empire
- Bristol, Virginia leaders to announce major economic news for former Ball Corp. plant