ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - The 19th annual East Tennessee Amateur tees off Friday morning at the Elizabethton Golf Course.
Over 100 golfers are competing in seven different divisions.
Due to the recent rainfall, the greens are expected to play slower than their usual lightning-quick pace.
"The greens will be slower because of all the rain," tournament director Mike Matheson told News 5 WCYB Wednesday.
"The weather will dictate how fast they are. The greens are draining great right now, we had a lot of rain on them today. They are doing fine, it just depends on how much rain we get on Thursday."
One of the featured groups tees off at 12:30. Includes defending champion Ben Treadway, a former Milligan College golfer.
Rising Sullivan South senior Cayman Ratliff, the Big 8 Conference champion, also tees off at 12:30.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend