Jonesborough, Tenn. - Dobyns-Bennett only needed six-innings to win the district title on Wednesday night.
The Indians pounded Science Hill 14-2 in the Big 7 Conference championship game at David Crockett high school.
DB scored five runs in the first inning, then added three more in the second inning to take a 8-1 lead into the third inning.
The Indians ended the game in the bottom of the sixth when Newley Burton hit a three-run homer to ten run rule the Hilltoppers.
Dobyns-Bennett will host a regional semifinal game on Monday night in Kingsport, while Science Hill will play their regional semifinal game on the road.
Other scorres from 5-7-14
Unicoi County 8, Sullivan South 3
Greeneville 7, Grainger 6
North Greene 10, South Greene 3
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations