KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Trailing 27-21 in the final minutes, Dobyns-Bennett's Josh Holt hit Caleb Cook in the end zone for a touchdown. The successful extra point gave the Indians a 28-27 victory over the Vikings.
Tied at 14 in the fourth quarter, Tennessee High's Peyton Henley scrambled and found James Shuff for a go-ahead score, 21-14.
Dobyns-Bennett answered right back when Holt kept for a long touchdown to tie it at 21.
The see-saw affair continued when Henley found Adam Mitchell deep on a long third down conversion. Kauhuil King later scored to put the Vikings ahead 27-21. The extra point however was unsuccessful, so the deficit stayed at six.
Holt's late strike to Cook tied it at 27 and the extra point gave Dobyns-Bennett a 28-27 victory.
The Indians improve to 5-3 while Tennessee High falls to 3-4.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor