Kingsport, Tenn. - Dobyns-Bennett started its 2013 season with a comeback win over Farragut. The Indians prevailed 21-20 in a game that came down to the final play.
The Indians jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the first quarter, only to see Farragut come back and tie the game at 14-14 at halftime.
After a scoreless third quarter, the Admirals added two fourth quarter field goals to take a 20-14 lead with under three minutes left in regulation.
In the final minute of the game, Dobyns-Bennett quarterback Josh Holt connected with Caleb Cook on a 45-yard touchdown pass to give the Indians a 21-20 lead with 35 seconds left.
Farragut though did not go away. After driving into Indians territory, the Admirals missed a game-winning field goal attempt on the game's final play.
Dobyns-Bennett has won 34 consecutive regular season games. The Indians last loss in the regular season was in 2009.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event