Johnson City native Daniel Norris is joining the Toronto Blue Jays.
Norris confirmed to News 5 WCYB on Monday evening that he will join the Blue Jays in Tampa on Tuesday. The Blue Jays begin a series against the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday night.
It's a remarkably quick rise for the 21-year-old. Norris began the season in High A Dunedin. He then was promoted to AA New Hampshire and again to AAA Buffalo.
Norris is 12 and 2 this year with a 2.53 ERA in 25 starts over all the various levels of the minor leagues.
- Historic U.S. Army recruitment effort increase underway
- More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death