Johnson City native Daniel Norris is joining the Toronto Blue Jays.
Norris confirmed to News 5 WCYB on Monday evening that he will join the Blue Jays in Tampa on Tuesday. The Blue Jays begin a series against the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday night.
It's a remarkably quick rise for the 21-year-old. Norris began the season in High A Dunedin. He then was promoted to AA New Hampshire and again to AAA Buffalo.
Norris is 12 and 2 this year with a 2.53 ERA in 25 starts over all the various levels of the minor leagues.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane