Johnson City native Daniel Norris is joining the Toronto Blue Jays.
Norris confirmed to News 5 WCYB on Monday evening that he will join the Blue Jays in Tampa on Tuesday. The Blue Jays begin a series against the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday night.
It's a remarkably quick rise for the 21-year-old. Norris began the season in High A Dunedin. He then was promoted to AA New Hampshire and again to AAA Buffalo.
Norris is 12 and 2 this year with a 2.53 ERA in 25 starts over all the various levels of the minor leagues.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game