Former Science Hill ace Daniel Norris pitched a perfect inning in the Futures Game on Sunday night.
Norris pitched the second inning and retired all three batters he faced.
Norris represented the Toronto Blue Jays organization in the all-star game, which is a showcase for the best players in the minor leagues. Norris is currently a member of the Class AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats.
He began the season at Class A Dunedin.
Norris was drafted in the second round of the Amateur Draft by Toronto in 2011.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome