Former Science Hill ace Daniel Norris pitched a perfect inning in the Futures Game on Sunday night.
Norris pitched the second inning and retired all three batters he faced.
Norris represented the Toronto Blue Jays organization in the all-star game, which is a showcase for the best players in the minor leagues. Norris is currently a member of the Class AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats.
He began the season at Class A Dunedin.
Norris was drafted in the second round of the Amateur Draft by Toronto in 2011.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect