Former Science Hill ace Daniel Norris pitched a perfect inning in the Futures Game on Sunday night.
Norris pitched the second inning and retired all three batters he faced.
Norris represented the Toronto Blue Jays organization in the all-star game, which is a showcase for the best players in the minor leagues. Norris is currently a member of the Class AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats.
He began the season at Class A Dunedin.
Norris was drafted in the second round of the Amateur Draft by Toronto in 2011.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next