Kingsport's Cliff Kresge will play in the first group in the first round at next week's U.S. Open.
Kresge qualified last week for the second major of the year at the historic Merion Golf Club outside Philadelphia.
He has been paired with Roger Tambellini and they will tee off at 6:45 a.m., with Kresge hitting the first shot.
Kresge will be making his third appearance in the U.S. Open.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next