Kingsport's Cliff Kresge will play in the first group in the first round at next week's U.S. Open.
Kresge qualified last week for the second major of the year at the historic Merion Golf Club outside Philadelphia.
He has been paired with Roger Tambellini and they will tee off at 6:45 a.m., with Kresge hitting the first shot.
Kresge will be making his third appearance in the U.S. Open.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.