Greeneville, Tenn. - Tennessee football coach Butch Jones was the keynote speaker at the Boys & Girls Club of Greeneville & Greene County on Monday night. The Boys & Girls Club celebrated their 14th annual Champions Dinner in front of a packed house at First Baptist Church.
Former Tennessee great Peyton Manning will address the Vols on Tuesday. Butch Jones says anytime you can have Peyton Manning speak to your team do it. "He's the best of the best. When Peyton Manning speaks it's instant respect."
Tennessee basketball coach Donnie Tyndall also stopped by the Champions Dinner on Monday night. Tyndall is putting the finishing touches on the schedule for his first season in Knoxville. It's not a done deal, but it looks like ETSU will be back on the Vols schedule this coming season. "Coach Murry Bartow is a great man and a great coach. He's been really good to me over my career. We wanted to give them the first opportunity as an in-state school to start this series," said Tyndall.
Tyndall said the Vols entire non-conference schedule should be released on Wednesday.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death