ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A former champion leads after the first round of the East Tennessee Amateur.
Johnson City's Bryan Sangid carded a 64 Thursday at the Elizabethton Golf Course. He will take a three shot lead into Saturday's second round.
Sangid won the tournament in 2004.
Former Volunteer High School standout Carlson Cox is in second place after a 67.
Lucas Armstrong is third with a 68 followed by Brandon Worley and Craig Reasor who each shot 69.
Defending champion Ben Treadway is seven shots back after a 71.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting