ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A former champion leads after the first round of the East Tennessee Amateur.
Johnson City's Bryan Sangid carded a 64 Thursday at the Elizabethton Golf Course. He will take a three shot lead into Saturday's second round.
Sangid won the tournament in 2004.
Former Volunteer High School standout Carlson Cox is in second place after a 67.
Lucas Armstrong is third with a 68 followed by Brandon Worley and Craig Reasor who each shot 69.
Defending champion Ben Treadway is seven shots back after a 71.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Updated Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run