ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A former champion leads after the first round of the East Tennessee Amateur.
Johnson City's Bryan Sangid carded a 64 Thursday at the Elizabethton Golf Course. He will take a three shot lead into Saturday's second round.
Sangid won the tournament in 2004.
Former Volunteer High School standout Carlson Cox is in second place after a 67.
Lucas Armstrong is third with a 68 followed by Brandon Worley and Craig Reasor who each shot 69.
Defending champion Ben Treadway is seven shots back after a 71.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane