ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A former champion leads after the first round of the East Tennessee Amateur.
Johnson City's Bryan Sangid carded a 64 Thursday at the Elizabethton Golf Course. He will take a three shot lead into Saturday's second round.
Sangid won the tournament in 2004.
Former Volunteer High School standout Carlson Cox is in second place after a 67.
Lucas Armstrong is third with a 68 followed by Brandon Worley and Craig Reasor who each shot 69.
Defending champion Ben Treadway is seven shots back after a 71.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital