It was a big day for some NASCAR legends -- several were inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
The big question -- did Bruton Smith, owner of Bristol Motor Speedway, make it in this year?
For the second year in a row, Bruton Smith has missed out on the H of Fame. He was not one of the five selections for the 2015 class.
The voting committee of 54 met in a closed-door session Wednesday and voted in five drivers: Bill Elliott, Wendell Scott, Joe Weatherly, Rex White, and Fred Lorenzen
Bruton was not one of the top eight; he missed by wide margin.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest