It was a big day for some NASCAR legends -- several were inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
The big question -- did Bruton Smith, owner of Bristol Motor Speedway, make it in this year?
For the second year in a row, Bruton Smith has missed out on the H of Fame. He was not one of the five selections for the 2015 class.
The voting committee of 54 met in a closed-door session Wednesday and voted in five drivers: Bill Elliott, Wendell Scott, Joe Weatherly, Rex White, and Fred Lorenzen
Bruton was not one of the top eight; he missed by wide margin.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University