It was a big day for some NASCAR legends -- several were inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
The big question -- did Bruton Smith, owner of Bristol Motor Speedway, make it in this year?
For the second year in a row, Bruton Smith has missed out on the H of Fame. He was not one of the five selections for the 2015 class.
The voting committee of 54 met in a closed-door session Wednesday and voted in five drivers: Bill Elliott, Wendell Scott, Joe Weatherly, Rex White, and Fred Lorenzen
Bruton was not one of the top eight; he missed by wide margin.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport