CHARLOTTE - On Tuesday Speedway Motorsports CEO Bruton Smith said there was nothing official regarding a report that he would move one of his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races from Charlotte Motor Speedway to Las Vegas Motor Speedway, another track that he owns.
Smith released this statement:
"The ‘done deal' report by WBTV regarding moving a race is false. No final decision has been made regarding any race date move, and I have not discussed this with NASCAR."
The NASCAR Hall of Fame will announce its 2014 class on Wednesday. Smith is a candidate.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- New Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City