CHARLOTTE - On Tuesday Speedway Motorsports CEO Bruton Smith said there was nothing official regarding a report that he would move one of his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races from Charlotte Motor Speedway to Las Vegas Motor Speedway, another track that he owns.
Smith released this statement:
"The ‘done deal' report by WBTV regarding moving a race is false. No final decision has been made regarding any race date move, and I have not discussed this with NASCAR."
The NASCAR Hall of Fame will announce its 2014 class on Wednesday. Smith is a candidate.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway