CHARLOTTE - On Tuesday Speedway Motorsports CEO Bruton Smith said there was nothing official regarding a report that he would move one of his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races from Charlotte Motor Speedway to Las Vegas Motor Speedway, another track that he owns.
Smith released this statement:
"The ‘done deal' report by WBTV regarding moving a race is false. No final decision has been made regarding any race date move, and I have not discussed this with NASCAR."
The NASCAR Hall of Fame will announce its 2014 class on Wednesday. Smith is a candidate.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend