NEW YORK - Nelson Cruz homered and the Texas Rangers got consecutive two-run doubles from Adrian Beltre and A.J. Pierzynski in an 8-5 victory over the New York Yankees on Wednesday night.
Rangers rookie and Bristol native Justin Grimm pitched well enough to beat Andy Pettitte, and the AL West leaders won for the seventh time in nine games following a six-game slide - their longest of the season.
Grimm pitched five innings, giving up three runs on six hits while striking out four.
He improves to 7-5 this season.
Texas is now 6-12 against the Yankees since the start of 2011, both perennial playoff teams this decade.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon