ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - The 19th edition of the East Tennessee Amateur tees off Friday morning at the Elizabethton Golf Course.
Because of the recent rain and wet conditions, players could be allowed to use the "lift, clean and place" procedure.
It allows players to pick up their ball from the fairway, clean it, and then place it in its original position.
Tournament director Mike Matheson tells News 5 WCYB it will be a game-time decision.
"We'll make a decision Friday," Matheson said.
"We've talked with the Tennessee Golf Association. Of course they want us to play it down. The weather will dictate everything this weekend."
Amateurs will compete in seven different divisions Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial