ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - The 19th edition of the East Tennessee Amateur tees off Friday morning at the Elizabethton Golf Course.
Because of the recent rain and wet conditions, players could be allowed to use the "lift, clean and place" procedure.
It allows players to pick up their ball from the fairway, clean it, and then place it in its original position.
Tournament director Mike Matheson tells News 5 WCYB it will be a game-time decision.
"We'll make a decision Friday," Matheson said.
"We've talked with the Tennessee Golf Association. Of course they want us to play it down. The weather will dictate everything this weekend."
Amateurs will compete in seven different divisions Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury