ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - The 19th edition of the East Tennessee Amateur tees off Friday morning at the Elizabethton Golf Course.
Because of the recent rain and wet conditions, players could be allowed to use the "lift, clean and place" procedure.
It allows players to pick up their ball from the fairway, clean it, and then place it in its original position.
Tournament director Mike Matheson tells News 5 WCYB it will be a game-time decision.
"We'll make a decision Friday," Matheson said.
"We've talked with the Tennessee Golf Association. Of course they want us to play it down. The weather will dictate everything this weekend."
Amateurs will compete in seven different divisions Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day