BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The Mountain Dew ATV Motocross National Championship series is making a stop at Muddy Creek Raceway in Blountville, Tenn. Saturday April 5 and Sunday April 6.
Hundreds of riders from across the country will converge on the Tri-Cities for two days of competition for both professionals and amateurs.
Muddy Creek typically features dirt bike racers and raceway director Sam Gammon says the all-terrain vehicles are going to put on a unique show of their own.
"It's going to be interesting to see how the ATVs handle it," Gammon told News 5 WCYB.
"They are a little heavier but they make as much horse power and these are the fastest ATV riders in the world so I'm very interested to see how it turns out."
The action begins Saturday at 11 a.m. with practice and qualifying.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire