BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The Mountain Dew ATV Motocross National Championship series is making a stop at Muddy Creek Raceway in Blountville, Tenn. Saturday April 5 and Sunday April 6.
Hundreds of riders from across the country will converge on the Tri-Cities for two days of competition for both professionals and amateurs.
Muddy Creek typically features dirt bike racers and raceway director Sam Gammon says the all-terrain vehicles are going to put on a unique show of their own.
"It's going to be interesting to see how the ATVs handle it," Gammon told News 5 WCYB.
"They are a little heavier but they make as much horse power and these are the fastest ATV riders in the world so I'm very interested to see how it turns out."
The action begins Saturday at 11 a.m. with practice and qualifying.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting