BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The Mountain Dew ATV Motocross National Championship series is making a stop at Muddy Creek Raceway in Blountville, Tenn. Saturday April 5 and Sunday April 6.
Hundreds of riders from across the country will converge on the Tri-Cities for two days of competition for both professionals and amateurs.
Muddy Creek typically features dirt bike racers and raceway director Sam Gammon says the all-terrain vehicles are going to put on a unique show of their own.
"It's going to be interesting to see how the ATVs handle it," Gammon told News 5 WCYB.
"They are a little heavier but they make as much horse power and these are the fastest ATV riders in the world so I'm very interested to see how it turns out."
The action begins Saturday at 11 a.m. with practice and qualifying.
- New KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- New Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- New Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- UPDATE: Johnson County juvenile pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'