BOONE, N.C. (AP) - Ronshad Shabazz scored 18 points and Appalachian State rolled to a 78-62 victory over Davidson on Saturday night.
Shabazz was 6 of 14 from the floor and made four 3-pointers. Griffin Kinney and Justin Forrest added 16 points apiece for Appalachian State (4-3), which now is 3-0 at home.
Peyton Aldridge scored 17 points to lead Davidson (2-2), which has lost back-to-back games. Oskar Michelsen made four 3-pointers and finished with 14 points and Jon Axel Gudmundsson chipped in 11 points.
The Mountaineers had a 13-point lead early in the second half. Davidson used a 19-7 surge to pull to 46-42 with 13:20 to play. Appalachian State answered with a 15-3 run for a 61-45 advantage with about eight minutes left. Forrest scored five points, and Tyrell Johnson had a pair of dunks and scored five points during the stretch.
- New Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- New UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- Updated UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder
- Local business donating to animal shelter in need