Bristol, Tenn. - Greeneville native Allen Johnson made an early exit at the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals at Bristol Dragway.
Looking for his first win at his home track, Johnson was upset in the 1st round by Dave Connolly. Johnson is in 3rd place in the Pro Stock points race.
Defending Top Fuel champion Shawn Langdon raced to his first victory of the season Sunday, beating points leader Doug Kalitta in the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals.
Langdon edged Kalitta in the final with a 3.819-second run at 320.51 mph.
Tommy Johnson Jr. won the Funny Car final for his first victory since 2007, and points leader Erica Enders-Stevens raced to her third Pro Stock win of the year.
Johnson had a 4.156 at 302.14 to beat Tim Wilkerson. Enders-Stevens won for the ninth time in her career, beating Jonathan Gray with a 6.698 at 207.15.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash