BRISTOL, Tenn. - Tennessee High senior Adam Mitchell confirmed with News 5 WCYB Friday that he has verbally committed to play football for ETSU.
Mitchell set school records in catches, yards and touchdowns at Tennessee High.
The senior told News 5 WCYB Friday that he called ETSU coaches Thursday night and told them he would sign with the Bucs on national signing day, February 5.
"I told them I'd like to come there and be a Buccaneer with them," Mitchell said.
"I'm really excited about everything they have going on down there. With the facilities and the way they're building their team, I feel like it would just be a good fit for me."
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport