The Abingdon boys golf team won the Class 3A state title. Junior Connor Creasy won the individual state title as well for the Falcons.
Abingdon finished 13 shots ahead of second place Rockbridge.
Creasy shot a 4 under par 68 on Wednesday to post a two-day total of 138 (6 under). Creasy overcame a two-shot deficit in the final round and ended up winning by five shots.
- Virginia Creeper Trail blazing the path for economic growth in Damascus
- UPDATE: Johnson City woman gets 25 years for rape of a child
- Fallen Las Vegas officer's message: "I've been called home"
- Recovery drug court holds graduation ceremony
- THP searching for driver charged in fatal Washington County, TN crash