Kings 109, Nuggets 95: Isaiah Thomas scored a game-high 33 points and dished out a team-best six assists as visiting Sacramento used a huge third quarter to overtake Denver.Rudy Gay added 32 points and led all players with 11 rebounds as the Kings rolled off their third win in four games. DeMarcus Cousins registered 27 points, nine rebounds, five assists and tied a career high with five blocks for Sacramento, which rejected 10 shots in total.Randy Foye scored 27 points, including six 3-pointers, and Evan Fournier added 27 of his own with 4-of-5 shooting from behind the arc as Denver lost for the ninth time in its last 12 games. Kenneth Faried contributed 10 points and six rebounds for the Nuggets, who shot just 37.5 percent from the field.The Kings exploded in the third quarter, outscoring Denver 39-18 to establish an 87-70 lead as the Nuggets coughed up eight turnovers in the frame and got 14 of its points from Foye while the rest of the team shot 2-of-13 from the field. Denver was able to chip away at the lead with 3-pointers from Foye, Fournier and Wilson Chandler in a span of just under 90 seconds to pull to within 94-84 with 6:41 to play, but Sacramento answered with nine straight points and waltzed to the finish.Sacramento led by as many as seven in the first quarter before Fournier had 12 points as the Nuggets closed the period on a 15-8 surgeto knot it at 27. Denver opened up a 51-40 advantage with 3:06 remaining in the first half but the Kings were able to close the gap with an 8-1 run, including a dunk from Gay that pulled them within 52-48 at the break.GAME NOTEBOOK: Sacramento beat Denver for just the second time in the last 12 meetings. ... Nuggets PG Ty Lawson (rib) missed his sixth straight game. ... Gay has averaged 20.8 points, 8.4 rebounds and three assists in his last five games.
- Selfie-taker gets kicked in head by train conductor
- Woman sentenced in deadly accident
- Murdered pharmacist to be laid to rest in our area
- Multi-year meth investigation leads to 23 arrest warrants
- Police: Florida man suffocated child to play video games
- Texting driver who hit cyclist: 'I just don't care'
- Teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
- AT&T announces Lebanon jobs
- Body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
- Man faces $525 fine over soda refill
- Professional fighter from Johnson City featured on reality show
- Plan for unique state park makes progress
- Crash leaves race car upside down in this week's "Short Track Tuesday"
- Watch Tonight's StormTrack 5 Forecast: 4-17-14
- Ford puts Mustang on top of Empire State Building
- Watch Tonight's StormTrack 5 Forecast: 4-18-14