Coyotes 3, Kings 0: Defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson scored a pair of goals and Thomas Greiss turned aside 30 shots for his second shutout in three starts as Phoenix defeated visiting Los Angeles.Antoine Vermette recorded his team-leading 19th goal and added an assist while Mikkel Boedker set up a pair of tallies for the Coyotes, who beat the Kings for the fourth straight time at home. Phoenix captain Shane Doan notched his 500th career assist on Ekman-Larsson's second goal.Los Angeles has scored only two goals over the last four games and is struggling through a 1-5-1 stretch, with the only victory coming at San Jose on Monday. Jonathan Quick, playing for the second straight night, made 26 saves for the Kings.Ekman-Larsson took a pass from Vermette before moving to the top of the slot and hammering a shot past a screened Quick with 4:03 left in the first period. The 22-year-old, who will represent his native Sweden in the Olympics, made it 2-0 with another slap shot during a power play 3:16 into the second session.Vermette, who had a hat trick Sunday, was in the right place to knock home a rebound after Quick was run over by his own teammate 8:47 into the third period. Greiss, who also blanked Calgary 6-0 on Jan. 7, improved to 7-3-1 and recorded his third career shutout after making nine saves in the third.GAME NOTEBOOK: Ekman-Larsson, who had gone five games without a point, notched the third two-goal performance of his career. … Los Angeles D Drew Doughty played a team-high 25:13 and registered three blocked shots. … The Coyotes, who started a five-game homestand, have recorded at least one power-play goal in 11 of their last 12 contests.
- Selfie-taker gets kicked in head by train conductor
- Multi-year meth investigation leads to 23 arrest warrants
- Teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
- Pregnant woman charged with assaulting deputies
- Police need public's help in double murder
- Texting driver who hit cyclist: 'I just don't care'
- Construction to start soon on new hotel in downtown Bristol
- Future uncertain for Virginia Intermont College
- Professional fighter from Johnson City featured on reality show
- Crash leaves race car upside down in this week's "Short Track Tuesday"
- Missing boy found stuck in claw machine
- Ford puts Mustang on top of Empire State Building
- Watch Tonight's StormTrack 5 Forecast: 4-17-14
- Man faces $525 fine over soda refill