NOTES: Blackhawks radio play-by-play announcer John Wiedeman was selected Illinois Sportscaster of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association. ... The Blackhawks improved to 58-52-12-0 all-time against the Oilers. ... Sunday marked the first of four straight games at home for the Blackhawks. Their next game is Tuesday vs. Colorado. ... Sunday was the start of a four-game Central Division road trip for the Oilers, who play next at Dallas on Tuesday. ... Edmonton LW Ryan Smyth is third on the Oilers' all-time power-play goals list with 124, one behind Wayne Gretzky (125) and two behind record holder Glenn Anderson (126). ... Injuries have hit the Oilers hard this year. Including Sunday, they have lost 199 man-games in their first 48 games of the season (compared to just 92 lost man-games for the Blackhawks). By comparison, Edmonton lost 114 man-games in the entire 48-game lockout-shortened regular season in 2013. ... The attendance was 21,424.
- Crews battle fire in Marion, Va.
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Memorial fund established for murdered teacher
- Bristol wine store plans to close following drop in business
- Meth lab found in Abingdon, Va.
- Tennessee legislature to vote on cursive writing in schools
- Body of missing 19-year-old found
- Drug trafficker sentenced following multi-jurisdictional investigation
- Miley Cyrus accidentally performs in her underwear
- High school stage collapse caught on camera
- Girl Scouts bring Thin Mints, Tagalogs and a debt collector
- Skydiver, plane collide mid-air in Florida
- Snake undergoes surgery after eating towel
- Lois Carrier: Interest rates
- Today's StormTrack 5 Forecast 3-11-14
- Violent crime in Johnson City