TENNESSEE - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced the recall of Office Depot® Gibson Leather Task Chairs - about 1.4 million units.
The black, armless, adjustable chairs have a black base with five wheels. The affected chairs have the SKU number 105479 and the registration numbers PA 27248 (CN), PA 25498 (CN), PA 25276 (HK) or CA 35181 (RC) that can be found next to the words "Made in China" which is printed on a label located on the underside of the seats.
According to the CPSC, Office Depot has received about 153 reports of the seat plate weld cracking or breaking, including 25 reports injuries that have required medical attention.
Consumers are advised to immediately stop using the chairs and return them to any Office Depot store location for a 55-dollar store merchandise credit
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day